Sewer Maintenance & Repair
At-Ease Plumbing offers a variety of plumbing services including sewer system maintenance & repair in Plano. The drainage portion of your home’s plumbing is an intricate network of sloped piping that uses gravity to carry wastewater away from your home and into the municipal sewer system.
Each homeowner is responsible for maintaining their own set of sewer laterals, (the lines running from your home to the main sewer line, which is most often found beneath the street) and many problems can arise without any noticeable symptoms. If you think you’re having problems with your plumbing, and you might need sewer repair services in Plano, TX., give At-Ease Plumbing a call! We are a full-service plumbing company, and we’re here to put your plumbing worries “At-Ease”. (972) 612-2170
Common Sewer Problems
- Septic-Sewer Conversions – If your property has a septic system, and you live in a developed area, you may want to consider converting your septic system to the local sewer service. If your property is located within 300 feet of an existing sewer system, the City will require you to connect to that system when your septic system fails, or if you need to expand the system in order to make additions or improvements to your home. We will gladly help you convert your septic tank system to a municipal sewer system. Give us a call
- Tree Roots – Trees provide shade and allure, and undoubtedly create aesthetic appeal for any landscape design, but their roots can cause serious damage to sewer systems. Sewer drainage systems contain almost everything a tree could ever want: water, nutrients, and oxygen. The roots of a tree are drawn toward moisture, and as vapor condenses on the outside of your sewer pipes as the warm water passes through, a tree’s roots will gradually make contact with the pipe. Small hairlike roots can find even the tiniest break in a seam or joint, and once inside they can easily bloom and clog the pipe entirely. The immense pressure these growing roots can put on your sewage pipes could cause a total collapse, requiring your sewer lines to be replaced. If you need help removing tree roots from your sewer lines, call At-Ease Plumbing today!
- Channeling/Erosion -Sewer line channeling is a result of running water eroding the bottom of the pipe. Often, by the time pooling water has become noticeable, the channeling is so severe that the entire bottom of the pipe is gone. Channeling is a very common problem among older sewer pipe systems, and we are very experienced in repairing and replacing eroded sections of piping. If you think you have sewer lines that are eroded or channeling, give At-Ease Plumbing a call!
- Bellied Lines – Sewer lines can also bend and sag. If an area of your pipe seems to be holding water after the flow has stopped, then you have a bellied line. A sagging – or bellied – line can cause a sewage backup into your home if not dealt with promptly. Bellies are typically caused by shifting soil, poor installation, or more noticeable events such as large storms or earthquakes. If you have a bellied sewer line, we will be happy to help fix the problem and put your plumbing problems “At-Ease”.
- Lining – Many times, a new PVC lining can be installed over existing metal sewer piping. This is an effective remedy for particular sections of pipe that need to be repaired, but isn’t meant for entire runs of plumbing. If there are large sections of pipe in need of repair, we recommend replacement with a modern PEX system.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, or you think you may need sewer repair services in Plano, TX., give At-Ease Plumbing a call. We will be happy to put your plumbing problems “At-Ease”. (972) 612-2170